Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bonus Success!

In addition to altering Lu's clothes, I also got farther on the Anglais mockup for a good friend. Since I have to go over to her house tomorrow to drop off an Ikea good that went into the wrong bag, maybe I can get the whole thing put together ahead of time. Come on, Lu! Sleep in tomorrow!

In other news, I started to hang dry my clothes in the past couple days. Lessons learned so far: Put up a clothesline for the big stuff instead of draping it over a rack. The rack is taking forever to dry everything because there's just too much stuff together. It should be good for the smaller stuff, though. Also, I need to figure out what I did with my clothespins, and make a hanging bag for them so they can live with the clothesline.

Tomorrow, I also need to research a good corset choice for another friend, who has commissioned me to make her a good basic piece that will run along several periods and fit her really well. I have a few ideas...

I also need to look seriously into getting a grommet setter, because (a) those things are awesome, and (b) it will save me so much time with so many things!

I think I had a wonderfully successful first day of this project, and here's hoping it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment