Saturday, September 10, 2011

cleansing the palette

I got a little burned out on Lu this weekend. To be fair, I've been the primary caretaker for a while now, and she's turning into quite the handful now that she is getting more mobile. We are so very very close to walking--she just needs the confidence! Back to the burnout, though. J has given me a full pass for tomorrow--I can do anything I want. I'm thinking of just being alone somewhere for a while--just haven't done that for a good while.
As for tonight, I let J take Lu over after he got home from the all-day golf game, and I hung out in the sewing room, watching the last half of The Cutting Edge and all of Chasing Amy while doing the most repetitive thing I could think of--pin pleating ruffles! I picked up a roll of wide bias from the thrift store a while ago, and I pleated about three quarters of it. Since it's a cute little floral print, it's going to become either adorable baby clothes or unbelievably cute aprons, much later. Tomorrow night is going to be all about clearing surfaces to make the 18th century. It will be done by the end of this coming week, I swear. Or at least close. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment